Toronto, ON, Canada .
full-time . November 17, 2022
full-time . November 17, 2022
The World Of Beans
Beans is an eclectic and diverse team, honouring openness and free expression across our team and in the games we’ll imagine. We are a studio working with a renowned publisher, Devolver Digital, on an unannounced new IP. We are creative-first with a flat hierarchy and believe amazing ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. Our founders have worked with some of the best AAA game developers in the world, bringing experience and passion to Beans’s growth, but have left the bureaucracy at the door. Our office is located in the west end of Toronto and we offer competitive salaries, flexible hours, health benefits, unlimited PTO, a relaxed atmosphere and spectacular cookies.
Your Impact as our Associate Producer
The Associate Producer at Beans will be instrumental in supporting the team. You’ll work closely with our Producer, as their right-hand-human. You’ll be responsible for developing and carrying out process, keeping things on track, and raising red flags along the way. Do you like to juggle balls or spin plates (metaphorically speaking)? Then this role could be perfect for you.
What Your Day Might Look Like
- Facilitating communication: attending meetings, arranging catch-ups with teams to get clarity and feedback, tracking notes and to-dos, and putting things into action
- Keeping a close watch on Jira and Discord to keep the lines of communication open and tasks on track
- Working on and maintaining the game schedule to ensure we’re staying on target
- Following up on requests, completing administrative errands and keeping our team accountable
- Seeking out areas of improvement to help evolve process
Skills You Bring
- 1-3 years experience in QA, project management, production, or coordination
- A high degree of comfort with (at least some) task-tracking and productivity tools & practices -- particularly Jira, Confluence and Google Sheets
- Strong communication skills: Able to explain requirements clearly, hear others’ concerns & obstacles, and work through disagreements diplomatically
- Efficient in problem solving, organization, and task management
- Ability to give timely feedback and reliable follow-up
- A motivated “self starter” attitude; an ability to execute with limited supervision
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment
- Professional experience as part of a team that has shipped at least one video game
- Any expertise in other game dev areas, e.g. code, design, art or audio
- Any schooling or certifications in game dev or relating to project management
At Beans, We Welcome All to Apply!
Do you have everything that is mentioned above? Of course not! But are you excited about working on a high-caliber team, creating immersive, visually astounding experiences for players? Hit that apply now button! Have some more questions? Drop us a line and let’s chat: HR@thebeansteam.com
$55,000.00 - $65,000.00